I love a gorgeous and colorful tablescape, and I’ve come up with these fabulous party ideas because the winter months are celebratory in our household. We always need something cute to decorate our parties. When we finish celebrating one occasion here comes another. It’s like a neverending story.
From December to January we are celebrating. In December, besides celebrating Christmas and New Year’s Eve, it’s my birthday, my son’s birthday, my grandson’s birthday and my wedding anniversary. In January, we celebrate the New Year and my husband’s birthday and February we celebrate Valentine’s Day and my eldest son’s birthday, whew!
You will find these projects fun to create. It is very cheap to make, however when you finish with the projects; you will not believe how elegant it will turn out! Be creative and add your personal touch.
Tombow MONO Multi Liquid Glue
plastic dessert plates
glass ice cream dish
jar of plastic jewels
Tombow Xtreme Mounting Putty
Tombow dual brush
Tombow MONO Permanent Adhesive
jewel brads or buttons
Instructions for food-stand:
I bought the plastic dessert plates and the glass ice cream dish from the dollar store.
Before you begin this project, you mush wash and dry the glass dishes. Take the Tombow XTREME permanent adhesive and roll the glue all around the outside of the glass ice cream bowl dish. There is no need to rush when putting the plastic jewels on; the glue will stay sticky on the glass long enough for you to finish adding the plastic jewels. When you complete gluing on all of the jewels, turn the dish upside down and place the plastic dessert plate on top. Do not adhere the plate on the stand, this will give you the opportunity to change it to something different.
Oh, how fabulous! I just couldn’t create one I created four!
These stands will make a fabulous tablescape!
Bonus: take old silverware and decorate the handles or use plastic utensils
Below are few more ideas
Small round fan:
All you need for this fan is an 8 x 11 piece of craft paper, scoring board, and Tombow MONO Multi Liquid glue. If you don’t have a scoring board, then you would do it the old fashion way, fold the paper like you are making a fan (accordion style).
- Measure your 8×11 piece of craft paper in four sections
- Cut the four pieces ( you will only use 3 of the four pieces of paper)
- Score the paper every 1/2 inch (if you don’t have a scoring board, fold 1/2 inch
- Bring accordion together (fold)
- Fold again in half
- Using the Tombow MONO Multi Liquid glue, glue the folded paper (do numbers 4 and 5 again 2 more times) now you have 3 folded sections
- Glue the 3 folded section together and spread out to a circle and glue ends
- Add decorative elements (optional)
- Use a small piece of Tombow XTREME mounting putty on back of the fan to hang
Large Round Fan
What is a party without a sign? Creating this sign is very easy to do. You don’t necessarily need wood; you can use whatever material you like to make a sign.
To make this sign:
- Paint wood, let dry
- Write letters on the wood (I used a Tombow brush pen)
- Trace around letters with Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue
- Sprinkle glitter on top of glue, let dry
I hope you enjoy making these fabulous products for your special occasion. Make sure you check out all the products at Tombow.